PhD student vs PhD candidate

There’s some ambiguity about when someone is a PhD student and when a PhD candidate. As far as I know, most European universities don’t make this distinction. Anyway, PhD students are employees of the university engaged in research. They are only called students as part of an academical tradition. Since the term “PhD student” is widely used in English, I prefer to stick with it. I welcome any suggestions and contributions to this topic.

Leave a comment

Filed under Europe, Work

Comments are welcome here:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s