I’ve been neglecting my biweekly beer reviews again. They start to become more of a monthly thing. But I won’t let my own forgetfulness prevent me from writing about beer!
- Barbar – blond beer with honey. Its a heavy blond I can tell you, and the honey – is right on the money! 8
- St. Bernardus Pater 6 – A bit flat, though rather drinkable. 6
- St. Bernardus Tripel – Nothing too special, OKish. 6
- St. Bernardus Prior 8 – Same as the Tripel. 6
There’s the St. Bernardus Abt 12, which I haven’t got to yet. Hope it will save the trademark’s reputation, ‘cos otherwise they’re not special enough to be called “special beers”. Quite a disappointment. They are all OK, but nothing to distinguish them by.
- Brugse Zot – its an old favourite of mine, an excellent blond beer that is difficult to appreciate fully when its -15 outside. I will return to it in the spring. For now – 8
- Brigand – that’s more like it! More of everything – colour, texture, taste, alcohol. 8
- Chouffe N’Ice – that’s the right stuff to drink in the winter! Spicy. Strong. Sweet. Hits you in the head like a runaway train. 8